Conditions of Sale
Article 1º Scope
1. These general terms and conditions of sale are agreed between the private limited company, Susana Oliveira Tavares, Unipessoal Lda, with registered office at Av. Dr. Renato Araújo 1872, São João da Madeira, Portugal, now called “COSTUR_ART” and the people who wish to make purchases through the website www.costur-art.com now referred to as “Customer”.
2º The parties agree that the purchases made through this Online store will be regulated exclusively by this contract, excluding any conditions.
Article 2º Object
1. These general conditions of sale are intended to provide and set all the information required by the user on the order forms, sale, payment and delivery of purchases made at the online shop above.
Article 3º Order
1. You may send your order through the buying process designated in the Online Store above referred to as "check-out" after having used the device online by selecting "Add to Cart" from the displayed catalog in the store.
2. To send your order Customer must add the information and choose the options that are available throughout the buying process (delivery address and billing, shipping method, payment).
3. The Customer's order shipping is equal to the full and complete acceptance of prices and description of products available for sale as well as the general conditions of sale are the only applicable to the contract thus concluded.
4. Costur_Art will honor the orders received online only within the limits of available stocks, and in the absence of product availability undertakes to inform the customer as soon as we can.
5. As we have sales simultaneously in our physical store, it is possible that the stock is not correct at the time of ordering, so it is advisable to question the availability of what you want, before making the payment for the order.
Article 4º Orders Delivery
1. Orders delivery can be made through various forms as shown in the Online Store.
Costur_Art undertakes to deliver the ordered goods as soon as possible. Deadlines, images and descriptions on products should be considered as merely indicative. Costur_Art endeavor will always meet these deadlines, not assuming, however, no liability for any inconvenience or damage inherent in breach thereof. To the accompaniment of an order in progress, you may call the contact numbers available or send an email to email@example.com.
2. All orders outside the European Community are subject to customs inspection. This may result in the imposition of a customs fee, payment of which is the customer's responsibility. However, most orders are delivered without the cost of additional import duties.
Article 5º Payment
1. COSTUR_ART offers the Customer the following payment methods: a) Bank transfer; b) ATM (Portugal Only); c) Paypal (International customers only and for specific products)
2. The Client shall pay a lump sum corresponding to the order processing costs; additional expenses are composed of fixed costs as a contribution towards the expenses of packing and shipping.
3. Costur_Art ensure confidentiality and security of data transmitted over the internet.
Article 6º Prices
1. Prices shall be construed in Euros, with taxes and fees included, taking into account the VAT in force at the order of payment.
2. The prices shown in the buying process always correspond to the prices in most current force, however, should only be considered valid while visible on the website a refreshed page (not refreshed pages may show prices that are no longer in force). The price envisioned, is only guaranteed in these conditions and only after the order is duly registered.
Article 7º Discounts
1. On this website there may be price discounts which have effective date. These discounts represent a commitment announced during the period, but always on the condition that the order is completed by the customer through the "check-out" and paid by the end of this period. Save a product in the "shopping basket" does not guarantee the price or discount of the same.
Article 8º Cancellations, exchanges and returns
Right of Free Resolution
Having purchased an article on costur-art.com, you have 14 days to return it, upon receipt of the order, under the right of free resolution, provided for in Decree-Law No. 24/2014, February 14th.
You can do so, provided the following conditions are met:
- Presentation of the product purchase invoice.
- The product must be delivered in the same condition in which it was sold - without risk, without external damage or signs of use and in perfect working condition, packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by the user manual and all its accessories.
- CDs, DVDs or Software must be delivered in original sealed cellophane and with the IGAC seal intact (if applicable)
To do this, the Customer can go to our physical store, or contact by email or contact form contained on this website, which will provide him with all the information about the exchange process. The Customer should not, under any circumstances, send the articles without having made a previous contact as they will not be received.
Within the 14 days indicated, the following contracts are excluded from the Right of Free Resolution:
- Supply of goods made according to the Client's specifications or clearly customized;
- Supply of goods that, by their nature, cannot be resent or are liable to deteriorate or become quickly out of date;
- Supply of sealed goods not subject to return, for reasons of health protection or hygiene when opened after delivery;
- Supply of goods that, after delivery and by nature, are inseparably mixed with other products;
- Supply of sealed computer programs, to which the consumer has removed the seal of guarantee of inviolability after delivery;
- Provision of audio or video recordings;
- Provision of digital content that has already been accessed or consumed, such as online training, online workshops, PDF tutorials or any other digital information content)
Attention: COSTUR_ART reserves the right to refuse returns / exchanges of items whose Serial Number has already been registered / associated with a user account on the online platforms / apps of the most varied manufacturers. The association of an article (via Serial Number) with an online platform / app may in many cases allow users already in possession of them to be able to control and track these articles, which are being used by third parties. For this reason, COSTUR_ART warns of the possible refusal of exchanges / returns for the total protection of its Customers.
In the event of exercising the right of free withdrawal, the Client will bear the full costs of returning the goods, except for those that cannot be returned by regular mail. In the case of the return of goods that by their nature cannot normally be returned by mail, the Customer must bear the direct costs of that return, which are associated with the shipping costs that appear in the cost table for shipping orders.
Returns of orders originated by the failure to pick them up at Picking Points or at CTT within the established deadlines, will only be sent again upon payment of the return amount (equal to the cost of shipping) and reshipment. In the event of requesting a refund, we will have to analyze it on a case-by-case basis as there may be items previously cut at the customer's request and which may not be properly used. However, the return costs will always be deducted.
Place orders carefully and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the specifications or applicability of the item you wish to purchase. Returns without technical justification will be accepted, but the initial shipping cost will be deducted from the total amount to be returned.
The Client must return the goods without undue delay and no later than 14 (fourteen) days from the day he informed COSTUR_ART of the free termination of the contract, considering that the same is respected if the Client returns the goods before the expiry of this period of 14 (fourteen) days.
After contacting Customer Support and being given the return instructions, you can send us the item properly packed, with original packaging to the following address:
Av. Dr. Renato Araújo 1872
3700-240 São João da Madeira
All items will be checked upon arrival at our service and only those who respect the return conditions will be accepted for exchange or return.
Telephone support services contracted by customers are not eligible for reimbursement of amounts paid.
In case of return, if the Customer chooses to refund the amount, COSTUR_ART informs that:
The refund is made by the same payment method or by digital gift card, according to the wishes expressed by the Client. In the case of returning an item paid for with a Gift Card, the amount will be refunded in a digital gift card. In the case of payment by Multibanco, COSTUR_ART asks the Client to provide him with a NIB so that the return can take place more quickly.
In the event that you have received damaged items or technical problems, COSTUR_ART will schedule the collection of the items at the location you indicate, in the same shipping area as the original order, without any charges to the Customer.
COSTUR_ART reserves the right not to accept items that do not meet the return conditions.
The refund will only be made after checking the condition of the product.
In case of termination of the contract, payments made, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the possible choice of a shipping method other than the least costly normal shipping method offered by COSTUR_ART) will be refunded to the Client without delay unjustified and, in any case, at the latest within 14 (fourteen) days from the date on which COSTUR_ART is informed of the Client's decision to terminate this contract.
With a view to speeding up the refund process, in the case of amounts paid by Credit Card and ATM with the indication of the associated NIB / IBAN, the refund will be made to the same payment method. In the case of amounts paid through Multibanco without the indication of the associated NIB / IBAN, Gift Card and Digital Gift Card, the refund will be made to the Digital Gift Card, through the Customer's registration account at www.costur-art. com, unless expressly agreed otherwise by the latter.
COSTUR_ART informs you that you can withhold the refund until you have received and checked the status of the returned goods.
The Customer may cancel his order at any time until delivery, with the right to a refund of the amount paid.
Failure to pay the order within 2 days following the date on which it was definitively placed may result in automatic cancellation of the same.
Under the terms of Decree-Law no. 7/2004 of 7 January (with the changes conferred by Decree-Law no. 62/2009, of 10 March and Law no. 46/2012, of 29 August), relating to electronic commerce, COSTUR_ART reserves the right to unilaterally cancel the order whenever there is a programming error, a malfunction of the computers as well as when the contractual proposal arrives deformed at its destination and the error occurs an essential element of the contract.
Article 9º Warranty
In accordance with the provisions of Decree-Law No. 67/2003, of 8 April, with changes introduced by Decree-Law No. 84/2008, of 21 May, all equipment sold on www.costur-art. com are covered by a guarantee of conformity of the goods corresponding to a period of 2 (two) years, this period may be reduced to 1 (one) year for the specific case of machines and components for use in industrial scope.
If the purchased product is defective or defective, the Customer must report the situation to Customer Support, informing their order number and the description of the malfunction. The costs of returning or collecting items within the warranty period will be borne by COSTUR_ART.
Upon receipt of the item at the COSTUR_ART premises, a technical check will be made with the brand representative or its official repairer and, in case of any lack of conformity, the item will be replaced. In this case, COSTUR_ART will replace the item and send it again to the Customer's address at no additional cost.
If the technical check detects signs of misuse, and / or any problem that may have caused the item to malfunction (eg, drop, humidity, improper or improper use, etc.), the Customer will be contacted to indicate whether he wants repair the equipment. In this case, the article will be sent to the brand's Technical Assistance.
In the case of goods outside the warranty period, the Customer may still want the item to be repaired, so he can inform and send the defective or damaged items to Customer Support. The articles will be analyzed by the After-Sales Service, in line with the brand's Technical Assistance, which will issue a technical opinion and respective repair budget. The repair will only start after the Client expressly accepts the quote.
Article 10º Responsibility
Costur_Art is not responsible for any inconvenience or damage caused to the Customer by using the Internet network, such as: service disruption, outside intrusion, anomalies caused by computer viruses or any other case of force majeure.
Article 11º Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
1. The law applicable to any contractual relationship established through this website is Portuguese law.
2. To manage any and all conflicts arising from any contract entered into under these general sales conditions, the S. João da Madeira District Court will be competent with the express waiver of any other.
Article 12º Alternative dispute resolution
In the case of disputes initiated by a consumer against a supplier of goods or a service provider concerning contractual obligations resulting from contracts for the purchase and sale or provision of services, concluded between the supplier of goods established and consumers resident in Portugal and in European Union, the consumer can use a Consumer Dispute Resolution Entity.
COSTUR_ART uses the following Consumer Dispute Resolution entities in Portugal:
Porto Consumer and Arbitration Information Center
Rua Damião de Góis, 31, Loja 6
Phone: +351 22 550 83 49 / +351 22 502 97 91 | Fax: +351 22 502 61 09E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The present General Conditions of Contract and Use were updated on 08.24.2020.